Date: April 1, 2018 (Worship Service)
Bible Text: 1 Corinthians 15:12-20 | Pastor Scott LaPierre
1 Corinthians 15:12–20—If Christ Was not Raised
Lesson 1: If Christ was not raised:
- (Part I) Christians’ __________ is worthless (1 Cor 15:14, 17).
- (Part II) New Testament authors are __________ (1 Cor 15:15).
- (Part III) Christians’ sins are ______ ________________ (1 Cor 15:17; Acts 5:31; Rom 4:25).
- (Part IV) ______ ________ ceased existing (1 Cor 15:18; Dan 12:2).
- (Part V) Christians should be ________ ____________ (1 Cor 15:19).
Lesson 2: Since Christ was raised:
- (Part I) Unbelievers’ __________ are worthless (Eph 2:8; Rev 20:12-15).
- (Part II) New Testament authors are ________________ (Eze 33:3-5).
- (Part III) ________________________ sins are not forgiven (Acts 4:10-12).
- (Part IV) ______ ________ live eternally in hell or heaven (Matt 25:46).
- (Part V) Unbelievers should be ________ ____________.
Family Worship Guide
Memory Verses: Psalm 96:4-5
Day 1: Read 1 Cor. 15:3-19 & discuss: What is one of the “non-negotiables” regarding Christian teaching? Why is that such a foundational part of the Christian faith? What does Paul say about Christian faith if this foundational doctrine is not true? Do you agree or not? Why or why not? Explain your answer from the Bible.
Day 2: Read 1 Cor. 15:3-19 & discuss: Must faith have an object - that is, should there be something one has faith “in”? Or, is simply having faith good and right? Consider common examples (aside from the one provided in the sermon) that exist in our everyday lives that represent simple examples of the faith we place in items. Explain the logic behind the Charles Colson quote. Take some time to understand his personal history and testimony; find creative ways to explain it to the younger ones in your family, or circle of friends.
Day 3: Read 1 Cor. 15:3-19 & discuss: How is the resurrection connected to other Christian teaching, such as ‘forgiveness of sins’? Can one be forgiven of their sins if Christ was not raised from the dead? Why or why not?
Pray for the Gospel to Spread Among All Peoples (Matt. 9:37-38):
Those we directly support: Andy & Karina Smith (Uganda)
An Unreached People Group: Bambara (Islam in Mali)