Date: September 16, 2018 (Worship Service)
Bible Text: Luke 11:3-4 | Pastor Scott LaPierre
Series: The Gospel of Luke
Luke 11:3-4—“When You Pray, Say…” - Part II
NOTE: Lessons 1 and 2 are from Part I.
Lesson 1: Jesus taught His disciples to pray by:
- (Part I) Example (Luke 11:1)
- (Part II) Providing a framework(Luke 11:2a; Matt 6:9).
Lesson 2: When you pray:
- (Part I) Address the Father (Luke 11:2b; John 16:22-27; Phm 1:17; Heb 2:11-12; Rom 8:15; Gal 4:6).
- (Part II) Exalt the Father (Luke 11:2c).
- (Part III) Seek the Father’s will (Luke 11:2d).
Lesson 3: Our Heavenly Father wants us praying:
- (Part I) So we ___________ on ______ (Luke 11:3a; Matt 6:8).
- (Part II) For ________________ provision (Luke 11:3b).
- (Part III) For __________________ provision (Luke 4a; Matt 18:32-33)
- (Part IV) For ________________ (Luke 11:4b; Jam 1:13; 1 Cor 10:13).
- (Part V) For __________________ (Luke 11:4b; Pro 3:5-6)
- (Part VI) ______________________ (Luke 11:3-4).
Family Worship Guide
Day 1: Read Luke 11:1-4 and discuss: What is the purpose of addressing the Father as instructed here? What is the purpose of praying for His Kingdom to come? What does that mean? What practical impact should that have in your daily life?
Day 2: Read Luke 11:1-4 and discuss: If God knows what we need before we ask him, why should we pray? Why do we have the Bible? What is the Bible? Why is God described in human terms and with human actions? What is the impression we are to have of God as we read these descriptions?
Day 3: Read Luke 11:1-4 and discuss: What does God want us to pray for? How often should we pray to our Father? What does God the Father expect of “forgiven people”?
Pray for the Gospel to Spread Among All Peoples (Matt. 9:37-38):
Those we directly support: Andy & Karina Smith (Uganda)
An Unreached People Group: Charan (Hindu, India)