Date: October 20, 2018 (Special Messages)
Bible Text: 1 Peter 3:1-6 | Pastor Scott LaPierre
Series: WCC Marriage Conference 2018
A Wife’s Submission
Lesson 1: Submission is __________________ (Ephesians 5:23; 1 Corinthians 11:3).
Lesson 2: Submission is not:
- (Part I) Done ______________ and __________________.
- (Part II) A matter of ______________________ (John 6:38; Matthew 26:39).
Lesson 3: Submission means:
- (Part I) Husbands still ____________ to their __________ (Genesis 2:18).
- (Part II) A wife puts her husband in a ________________ to ________.
- (Part III) A wife ________________ her husband even though she disagrees with him.
- (Part IV) A wife ____________ ______ (1 Peter 3:5–6).
- (Part V) A wife keeps her strength __________ ______________.
Lesson 4: (Part I) Husbands ____________ __________ when they’re wrong (Part II) and wives shouldn’t say, “__ ________ ______ ____!”
Husband asks wife:
- How do I make it hard for you to submit to me?
- How do I make it easier for you to submit to me?
- Do you feel like I listen to your thoughts when it comes to making decisions?
- Do you feel like I admit when I’m wrong, or do I make excuses and shift blame?
Wife asks husband:
- Do you feel like I submit “kicking and screaming”?
- Do you feel like I put you in a position to lead?
- Do you feel like I take control of situations or decisions that should be left to you? Do you feel like I say, “I told you so!”?