Date: November 25, 2018 (Sunday School)
Bible Text: Acts 6:1-7 | Pastor Doug Connell
- ...of Acts: Jesus continues to work through his Holy Spirit, in the life of his Apostles, and in the Church, to glorify God through the increasing advance of the gospel.
- ...of this passage: Even internal conflict (in addition to the external and internal opposition in Acts 3-5) will not stop the growth of the Church, if those conflicts are addressed in an orderly and intentional way by qualified church leaders.
MAIN REASON this passage exists:
- To show how:
- The church was growing in number (v. 1) and continued to grow (v.7) despite this problem of neglect (v. 1b-c), because the Apostles proposed a course of action (vv. 2-3), and the Church followed their instructions (vv. 5-6)
- I. In the midst of church __________, ______________ neglect led to ______________ neglect. (vv. _____)
- II. The Apostles __________ to __________ spiritual neglect to continue and __________ the ______________ to the ________ of the ______________. (vv. _____)
- III. The congregation follows the Apostles’ ______________ and __________ men are chosen to meet this __________ need. (vv. _____)
- IV. The physical neglect is ______________, and God ______________ to __________ the church, ______________. (v. _____)