Date: December 2, 2018 (Sunday School)
Bible Text: Acts 6:1-7, Acts 6:8-8:1a | Pastor Doug Connell
Acts 6:8 - 8:1a
- ...of Acts: Jesus continues to work through his Holy Spirit, in the life of his Apostles, and in the Church, to glorify God through the increasing advance of the gospel.
- ...of this passage: The physical temple will no longer have a central role in the worship of God, since God has been present in many different places throughout Israel’s history, and thus God can be worshipped anywhere by anyone.
MAIN REASON this passage exists:
- To record Stephen’s address - the final episode in the growth of the Church from Jerusalem to “the end of the earth” - in which he responded to false charges brought against him, by demonstrating why the temple was no longer necessary for the worship of God; he died a martyr, while Saul (a new person in the storyline) looked on with approval.
- Stephen’s ______________: Acts 6:8-7:1
- Stephen’s ______________: Acts 7:2-38
- Stephen’s ______________ of the Jews: Acts 7:39-53
- Stephen’s ______________: Acts 7:54-8:1a