Date: October 16, 2016
Bible Text: Luke 7:28 | Pastor Scott LaPierre
Series: The Gospel of Luke
Luke 7:28 Greatness in the Kingdom of God
Lesson 1: (NOTE: Parts I through III from last week’s sermon) John was more than a prophet because:
- (Part I) He saw the Messiah (Luke 7:26; Matt 13:16-17).
- (Part II) There were prophecies about him (Luke 7:27; Mal 3:1; Isa 40:3).
- (Part III) He was the forerunner of the Messiah.
- (Part IV) He was the greatest man ________ of __________ (Luke 7:28a).
Lesson 2: Greatness is related to:
- (Part I) ________________ (Matt 18:1-4; John 3:26-30).
- (Part II) ______________ (Matt 20:25-28).
Lesson 3: The least in the kingdom of God has greater spiritual:
- (Part I) __________________ than John (Luke 7:28b).
- (Part II) ________________ than John (Matt 3:2; Luke 16:16; John 3:3 cf. Luke 7:28; Gen 47:7-10 cf. Heb 7:7).
Family Worship Guide
Day 2: Read Luke 7:24-28 & Matt. 18:1-4 and discuss: How does the world define pride? Is it a good thing or a bad thing? How does it define humility? Considering the quote Pastor Scott shared from Donald Whitney, how could we test ourselves to determine whether pride or humility is rooted in our hearts?
Day 3: Read Genesis 47:1-12 & Matt. 20:25-28 and discuss: Why was Jacob able to bless Pharaoh? In what ways was Jacob greater than him? Consider yourselves – your present situation in life, or a situation from your past. Describe how you were more concerned about being great, or being first, or being right, than you should have been. What were the consequences of that sort of attitude? How should you change your attitude regarding service in light of this sermon?
Pray for the Gospel to Spread Among All Peoples (Matt. 9:37-38): Those we directly support: Andy & Karina Smith (Uganda)
An Unreached People Group: Sonar (Hindu, in India)