Date: October 7, 2018 (Worship Service)
Bible Text: 2 Chronicles 30:1-6 | Pastor Scott LaPierre
Series: Growing in Outreach
2 Chronicles 30:1-6—Inviting People to Our Passover - Part I
Lesson 1: Let’s use the ____________ ____________________ God’s given us to grow in outreach.
Lesson 2: ____________ ____________ to the true and greater Passover, which is Christ (1 Cor 5:7).
Lesson 3: For our Passover:
- (Part I) Invite your ______________ (2 Chr 28:6-9 cf. 2 Chr 30:1; John 3:16).
- (Part II) Invite ________________ people (2 Chr 30:1)
- (Part III) Command ____________________ when appropriate (2 Chr 30:6).
Four practical suggestions to help WCC grow in outreach:
- Pray individually, as couples, families, and home fellowships, for WCC to grow in this area
- Pray for wisdom for the elders to be sensitive to God’s leading.
- Invite 2-3 couples to the marriage conference.
- Find ways for your home fellowship to focus on outreach.
Family Worship Guide
Day 1: Read 2 Chron. 28:6-9, 27; 29:3 and discuss: Why was the nation of Israel divided into 2 kingdoms? What did the first king of the northern kingdom do in order to keep people from defecting to the southern kingdom? What did the northern kingdom do that “reached up to heaven”? What does Hezekiah do in chapter 29? Discuss the impact these passages should have on your daily lives as Christians.
Day 2: Read 2 Chron. 30:1 and discuss: What does Passover celebrate? How do you imagine Hezekiah must have been tempted to feel towards the northern kingdom? Who did Hezekiah invite to Passover? Why is this significant?
Day 3: Read 2 Chron. 30:2-6 and discuss: Why was it unlikely that Israel would respond well to Hezekiah’s invitation? What aspect about the timing of Passover did Hezekiah choose to alter? Why? What phrase did Hezekiah use that meant “repentance” was required? What did the people need to turn from? What do the people you know need to turn from? What do you still need to turn from?
Pray for the Gospel to Spread Among All Peoples (Matt. 9:37-38):
Those we directly support: India Evangelical Mission (IEM)
An Unreached People Group: Java Banyumasan (Muslim, Indonesia)