Date: October 20, 2018 (Special Messages)
Bible Text: Various Passages | Pastor Scott LaPierre
Series: WCC Marriage Conference 2018
Practical Application from Old Testament Relationships
Lesson 1: The danger of passive men and controlling women is shown by:
- (Part I) ______________ and __________ (Genesis 16:1-2).
- (Part II) ________ and ______________ (1 Kings 21:7-25).
Lesson 2: Husbands mistreat their wives when they respond:
- (Part I) ____ __________ (Genesis 30:1-2).
- (Part II) ____________________ (1 Samuel 1:6-8; Proverbs 25:20).
Lesson 3: Michal shows a wife can ________ her husband without ____________________ him (Part II) which can ____________ his ________________ toward her (1 Samuel 18:20; 2 Samuel 6:16-23, 2 Samuel 3:12-13).
Husband asks wife:
- Do you feel like I respond to you in anger or pride?
- Do you feel like my feelings toward you have changed in a positive way from you respecting me, or in a negative way from you disrespecting me?
- What do I do that makes it easier for you to respect me? Harder?
- Do you feel like I withhold affection from you like David did with Michal?
Wife asks husband:
- Do you feel like I stir you up for good…or evil?
- Thinking about the account with Rachel and Jacob, do you feel like I:
- Act melodramatically like she did?
- Take my frustrations out on you?
- Covet what other women have?
- Do you feel like I respect you? What do I do that makes you feel respected? Disrespected?
- Do you feel like I talk down to you like Michal did with David?