Date: October 14, 2018 (Worship Service)
Bible Text: 2 Chronicles 30:7-11 | Pastor Scott LaPierre
Series: Growing in Outreach
2 Chronicles 30:6-11—Reasonable Expectations for Outreach
Lesson 1: Let’s use the strong foundation God’s given us to grow in outreach. NOTE: Taken from last week’s sermon.
Lesson 2: (Part I) There’s only a ______________ (Part II) so throw the ______ ________ (2 Chr 30:6; Rom 11:2-5; Matt 10:16; Luke 10:3; Matt 4:18;19).
Lesson 3: In your message encourage:
- (Part I) __________ (2 Chr 30:8a).
- (Part II) _____________ a church (2 Chr 30:8b)
- (Part III) ______________ (2 Chr 30:8).
Lesson 4: Encourage people that salvation:
- (Part I) Means avoiding __________ __________ (2 Chr 30:8d; Eph 2:4; Rom 2:5).
- (Part II) Results ________ __________ compassion (2 Chr 30:9a)
- (Part III) Means God will not ______________ them (2 Chr 30:9b; Deut 31:6 cf. Heb 13:5; Rom 8:38-39).
Lesson 4: Expect __________________ (2 Chr 30:10; Matt 7:14).
Four practical suggestions to help WCC grow in outreach:
- Pray individually, as couples, families, and home fellowships, for WCC to grow in this area
- Pray for wisdom for the elders to be sensitive to God’s leading.
- Invite 2-3 couples to the marriage conference.
- Find ways for your home fellowship to focus on outreach.
Family Worship Guide
Day 1: Read 2 Chron. 30:1-11 and discuss: “Remnant” is seen throughout Scripture. What is the importance of this theme? How does it connect to an application from this passage regarding reaching out to others? What does it mean: “Expectations shape experience”? How do you identify your expectations without being either unrealistically optimistic or depressingly pessimistic? What Scripture would you bring to bear to help you shape expectations?
Day 2: Read 2 Chron. 30:1-11 and discuss: If there is a remnant, how should that direct our evangelism? What does a “wide net” look like for you, in your daily life?
Day 3: Read 2 Chron. 30:1-11 and discuss: What are some obstacles to people believing the gospel? How would you go about explaining the gospel in such a way that people respond to the message and not to the messenger? What about your own attitude? In what ways are you an obstacle to people believing the gospel?
Pray for the Gospel to Spread Among All Peoples (Matt. 9:37-38):
Those we directly support: Rick Terrazas (Rock of Ages)
An Unreached People Group: Jat (Hindu traditions, India)