Date: October 20, 2018 (Special Messages)
Bible Text: Genesis 3:16-17 | Pastor Scott LaPierre
Series: WCC Marriage Conference 2018
Temptations Facing Husbands and Wives
Lesson 1: As we begin, make the decision to:
- (Part I) Focus on ________ ____________________ more than your spouse’s.
- (Part II) Turn your frustrations ________ ____________.
- (Part III) Recognize your marriage is a reflection of your ________________________ with ____________.
Lesson 2: God created headship before ______ ________ (Genesis 2:16-17).
Lesson 3: Wives are tempted to:
- (Part I) ______________ their husbands (Genesis 3:16 cf. 4:7).
- (Part II) ______ their husbands (Proverbs 19:13b, 21:9, 19, 25:24, 27:15–16).
Lesson 4: Husbands are tempted to:
- (Part I) Be ________________ (Genesis 3:16).
- (Part II) ________________ their wives (Colossians 3:19; Genesis 3:16).
- (Part III) Be ______________ (Genesis 3:17).
Lesson 5: Reverse the effects of The Fall by ______________ God’s ________________ for marriage.
Husband asks wife:
- Do you feel like I am stubborn?
- Do you feel like I am harsh or authoritarian with you?
- Do you feel like I am passive?
Wife asks husband:
- Do you feel like I try to control you?
- Do you feel like I try to help you?
- Do you feel like I nag you?