Test 6: Do I Hunger and Thirst Spiritually? – Part II
John 4:7-15—Do I Hunger and Thirst Spiritually? – Part II
Lesson 1: To receive the living water you must:
- (Part I) Recognize it’s __ ________ (John 4:10a; Rom 6:23; Eph 2:8).
- (Part II) Know Jesus is ______ ______________ (John 4:10b, 3:16; Rom 10:9).
- (Part III) ______ (John 4:10c; Luke 11:9-13).
Lesson 2: Living water:
- (Part I) ________________ (Eze 36:25; Psa 51:2; Lev 14:7; Eph 5:26).
- (Part II) Spiritually __________________ (John 4:13, 6:35, 7:37-38).
- (Part III) Gives ______________ ________ (John 4:14b; Isa 12:3; Jer 2:13; Zech 14:8).
Family Worship Guide
Memory Verses: Philippians 4:19
Day 1: Read John 4:7-26 & discuss: In what ways were the woman’s actions abnormal? Jesus’ actions? Examine Jesus’ words and actions - how did he engage with this woman? What in his actions and behavior should serve as examples to us for our own engagement with the lost?
Day 2: Read John 4:7-26 & discuss: What are the three “conditions” Jesus explained to the woman, in order to be saved? What specific Scriptures speak to these conditions? Examine your own thinking as you ponder your own salvation: which one of these are you most inclined to not believe or embrace?
Day 3: Read John 4:7-26 & discuss: What do you thirst for? What have you thirsted for, in your past? How does Christ satisfy your thirst? How would you go about changing what you thirst for? That is, what has God provided to you, in order to help you change your appetite (ie “thirst”)?
Pray for the Gospel to Spread Among All Peoples (Matt. 9:37-38):
Those we directly support:James & Christina Post (Wycliffe)
An Unreached People Group: Oromo Yajju (Muslim, Ethiopia)