The “Gap” Between Pentecost and Trumpets
Romans 11:5-22—The “Gap” Between Pentecost and Trumpets
NOTE: Parts I through IV of Lesson 1 are from previous sermons.
Lesson 1: The Seven Old Testament Feasts:
- (Part I) Passover looked forward to Jesus’ crucifixion.
- (Part II) Unleavened Bread looked forward to Jesus’ unleavened body in the grave.
- (Part III) Firstfruits looked forward to Jesus’ resurrection.
- (Part IV) Pentecost (or Weeks) looked forward to the “harvest” of the church.
- (Part V) The “gap” between Pentecost and Trumpets looked forward to the ____________ ______ (Lev 23:5 cf. Lev 23:24).
Lesson 2: (Part I) The Gospel went to the ________ __________ (Part II) and when they ________________ ____, God turned His attention to the Gentiles (Part III) to make the Jews ______________ (Rom 1:16; Matt 10:5-6; Matt 15:24; Rom 9:27, 11:5; Matt 8:11-12, 21:33-43, 22:2-10; Acts 13:46, 18:5-6, 28:25-28; Rom 11:11; Acts 13:44-45, 17:3-5).
Lesson 3: God’s attention should make you:
- (Part I) ____________ (Rom 11:17-18, 20, 25; Eph 2:8-9; Rom 3:20; Titus 3:5).
- (Part II) ______________ (Rom 11:19-22; Phil 2:12; 2 Cor 13:5).
The “gap” between the Spring and Fall feasts:
- Leviticus 23:5—In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at twilight, is the Lord's Passover.
- Leviticus 23:24—In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall observe a day of solemn rest, a memorial proclaimed with blast of trumpets, a holy convocation.”
Family Worship Guide
Memory Verses: Phil. 3:9
Day 1: Read Lev. 23:5, 23-24 & discuss: On the Jewish calendar, how many months were between the first and fifth feasts? What did this “gap” represent?
Day 2: Read Rom 1:16; Matt 10:5-6; Matt 15:24: What’s the order for the spread of the Gospel? Read Rom 9:27 & 11:5: How many Jews were saved? Read Matt 8:11-12, 21:33-43, 22:2-10; Acts 13:46, 18:5-6, 28:25-28: What did Jesus say would happen, and then what happened in Acts? Read Rom 11:11 & Acts 13:44-45, 17:3: What was God’s plan with the Jews & Gentiles, and then what happened in Acts?
Day 3: Read Rom 11:17-22: As a Gentile, what temptation(s) do you face since God turned His attention from the Jews to you? Why would you experience these temptations? How should you feel about God saving you, and why should you feel that way?
Pray for the Gospel to Spread Among All Peoples (Matt. 9:37-38):
Those we directly support: Sarah Kane (Thailand)
An Unreached People Group: Jebala (Muslim, Morocco)