Date: December 30, 2018 (Worship Service)
Bible Text: Acts 13:14-47 | Pastor Scott LaPierre
Series: Growing in Outreach
Acts 13:14-47—Witnessing to the Cults
Lesson 1: Cults ________ __________________, but deny essentials (1 John 4:2).
Lesson 2: ____________ __________ reactions (Acts 13:42-45).
Lesson 3: ______________ to __________ with the Bible (Acts 13:16-41).
Lesson 4: When cults:
- (Part I) Deny the deity of Christ share ____________, _____________, ____________ (see Day 2 Homework for other examples).
- (Part II) Teach salvation by works share ____________, ____________, ____________ (see Day 3 Homework for other examples).
Family Worship Guide
Memory Verse: Isaiah 9:6
Day 1 Homework: Read Paul’s sermon on Mars Hill in Acts 17:22-32, and answer these questions:
- How many times did Paul quote the Old Testament?
- Why did Paul quote the Old Testament six times (and refer to it other times) in his sermon to the Jews in the synagogue in Acts 13:16-47, but only quote it ____ times in this sermon?
- What two people did Paul quote, and why do you think he quoted them?
Day 2 Homework: Read these other verses (not given in Lesson 4) discussing the deity of Christ: John 1:1, 5:18, 8:58, 10:30-33 (the Jews understood Jesus claimed to be God), 20:20; Col 2:9; Titus 2:13; 2 Pet 1:1. In Rev 19:10 an angel told John to only worship God, and Jesus regularly received worship: Matt 2:11, 14:33, 28:9, 17; Luke 24:52; John 9:38.
Do any other verses come to mind identifying the deity of Christ?
Day 3 Homework: See also Rom 3:21-28, 3:4-5, 11:6; Gal 2:15-21.
Do any other verses come to mind explaining salvation is by grace through faith, apart from works?
Pray for the Gospel to Spread Among All Peoples (Matt. 9:37-38):
Those we directly support: India Evangelical Mission (IEM)
An Unreached People Group: Konda Dhora (Hindu, India)