Date: November 25, 2018 (Worship Service)
Bible Text: Various | Pastor Scott LaPierre
Series: Growing in Outreach
Youth’s Impact on Outreach and the Church
Lesson 1: __________________ and ________________ are moral behaviors (Jam 1:19, 26; Ecc 5:3, 10:14; Psa 141:3; Pro 10:8, 19, 13:3, 17:27-28; Mark 9:6; Luke 9:34; Eph 4:29).
Lesson 2: Youth:
- (Part I) ______ ______________ to the church’s outreach.
- (Part II) Should ______ an ______________ (1 Tim 4:12; Exo 30:13-14 cf. Matt 17:24-27; Jer 1:4-7).
- (Part III) Have unique ______________________.
Four practical suggestions to help WCC grow in outreach:
- Pray for WCC to grow in this area.
- Pray for wisdom for the elders to be sensitive to God’s leading.
- Pray about who God would have you invite to church.
- Find ways for your home fellowship to focus on outreach.
Family Worship Guide
Day 1: Read James 1:19-27 and discuss: What three commands are listed in verse 19? Evaluate yourself, prayerfully: pick one you will devote special prayer to, asking the Lord to notice when you are sinning, and asking the Lord for help to change and grow in the ways you need to.
Day 2: Read Ps.141:3, Pro.10:8, 19, 13:3, 17:27-28 and discuss: From this short list select one of these references and commit it to memory. Pray for help from the Lord - that throughout the week you will notice when you are violating one of these references, so that you can quickly confess and repent. Tell a trusted friend about your desire to change and grow, and let them know which reference you are memorizing for the purpose of growth in godliness.
Day 3: Read 1 Timothy 4:12 and discuss: Think about Timothy and the other young people mentioned. What were the contexts and situations in which they lived? How did they grow up (those for whom it is known)? What did God the Father or Jesus, respectively, expect from them - were there low expectations or high expectations?
Pray for the Gospel to Spread Among All Peoples (Matt. 9:37-38):
Those we directly support: Rick Terrazas (Rock of Ages)
An Unreached People Group: Bhar (Hindu, India)